Sunday, September 21, 2014

The Fall Festival of the Messiah - Feast of Trumpets : REPENTANCE

                              Contributed by Bruce Timpany 

The Creators calendar} God's feast days are missing on the Christian calendar. Many Gentile believers regard them as outdated, insignificant Jewish rituals. That is unfortunate because they miss the fullness and beauty of God's plan of redemption, reflected in His appointed times. The Old Testament feasts were dress rehearsals for the two greatest events in history the first and second coming of Yahu’shua                                                          The Fall Festival of the Messiah - YHWH
Le 23:1,2  And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Con-
cerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.
                                     

Because it’s the first day of the month, was 2 days long, and was based on the sighting of the New Moon by two
witnesses it’s known as the Feast where no one knows “The Day or the Hour“ it  would begin!

On the Feast of Trumpets the Shofar is blown 100 times. There are three sounds made with the shofar:
    Tekiah - One long straight blast. Shevarim - Three shorter blasts. Teruah – 9 quick blasts in short succession 
This series is blown 11 times for a total of 99 blasts and the final blast is known as “The Last Trump”!

1Cor 15:51-53 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment,
in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible,
and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

SoS 2:10,11 My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away. For, lo, the
winter is past, the rain is over and gone;

SoS 2:16,17 My beloved is mine, and I am his: he feedeth among the lilies. Until the day break, and the shadows
flee away, turn, my beloved, and be thou like a roe or a young hart upon the mountains of Bether.

SoS 3:1,2 By night on my bed I sought him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not. I will rise now,
and go about the city in the streets, and in the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I
found him not.

SoS 5:2-6 I sleep, but my heart waketh: it is the voice of my beloved that knocketh, saying, Open to me, my sister,
my love, my dove, my undefiled: for my head is filled with dew, and my locks with the drops of the night. I have
put off my coat; how shall I put it on? I have washed my feet; how shall I defile them? My beloved put in his hand
by the hole of the door, and my bowels were moved for him.  I rose up to open to my beloved; and my hands
dropped with myrrh, and my fingers with sweet smelling myrrh, upon the handles of the lock.  I opened to my
beloved; but my beloved had withdrawn himself, and was gone: my soul failed when he spake: I sought him, but
I could not find him; I called him, but he gave me no answer.

Eph 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

Yom HaDin/Day of Judgment/The Opening of the Books/Opening of the Gates


No comments:

Post a Comment