Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Bible Says

                                                                              by Bruce Timpany

Bruce wrote this some time back, and as we watch our world changing around us, it is wonderful to know the Word of G-d stands forever!

Philippians 4:4
Rejoice in the Lord always...I will say it again: REJOICE!!!!

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous? Do not be terrified, Do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go!


Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all of your heart. Lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.

God is soooo good. Trust in Him and He'll make your paths straight. I know full well that that DOES NOT mean that if I claim Him as my God things will be easy for me. BUT is does mean that if I put aside what the world tells me and acknowledge that He is my God, He will be there to guide me. A great assurance!


Romans 8: 31, 37-39
What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? In all these things, we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers. Neither height nor depth nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

So, again, no matter what I'm facing, God is so much Bigger than all of it! It's so incredibly good to know that. This doesn't mean that I won't face problems, but in the midst of those problems, I can rest confident that God can handle it and in the end it's all according to His game plan anyhow. =)


2 Corinthians 5: 17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has gone, the new has come!

I love this verse. I mean, I have some stuff in my past that I'd hate to admit was me. I'm sure everyone does, but God forgives us! Through Him, we can start fresh each day when we ask Him to forgive us and wipe the slate clean. We do indeed goof up but God is just waiting for us to come back so He can give us that fresh start again to go out and live for Him.


Ephesians 5:1
Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children....

Be imitators of God...what a job! Back to Philippians 4:13...I can't do that on my own but with His power I can! and what a cool job that is! God is all that is holy and just...God is love! to imitate that...that's just plain cool to think about. =)


Philippians 2:3
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.

This is so backwards of what society feeds us, is it not? Consider others better than yourself? I'm not number one anymore? It's a twisted reality to deal with compared to what we hear all the time, but still. I put it in here because it's a catch point. I find myself getting too full of myself and somehow or another I get pointed back here or somewhere like it.


Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Ok, so we're little and weak....we worry about everything. Yet God, the one who knows everything that's going on invites us to bring all our concerns big or small and talk to Him anytime. Is that cool or what? I mean it's always good to have a friend to talk to. But even more, a friend who knows all about everything going on, who can see the big picture, and is just there 24/7 waiting for you to come and talk to Him. now how cool is that?


Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy -- think about such things.

I love this verse because although it's telling us to do something more or less, it's also very beneficial. I've given up TV most all together and have started to censor my music and what movies I allow myself to see rather stringently. It's not an "I'm better or more perfect than you" kind of thing or that I refuse to recognize that this is where our society is going, but more of an "I don't need to fill my head with garbage" kind of issue. And I've noticed that without useless garbage there to fill my head, I choose to read or do things that fill my head up with better food for thought. Garbage in, garbage out. But if garbage doesn't go in, then there's no garbage to come out. It's a good system. =) Just goes to show, God knows what He's telling us. =)


1 Timothy 4:12
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity.

So, in other words, no matter what society says about age or whatever else, I can still live for God and set an example. I'm not too young, too stupid, too anything. I have Jesus in my heart, I am God's child, and I have a responsibility to share that hope and joy with others.


Micah 7:18-19
Who is a God like You, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of His inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. You will again have compassion on us; You will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.

Forgiveness is awesome!!! I've noticed I have a great tendency to create havoc for myself. Regardless of however many other people do or don't see what I've goofed up, I still do that. I think this verse is awesome because it illustrates exactly what God has the power to do and in fact does for us. He forgives us, and gives us a perfectly clean slate to work with. The illustration of that awesome fact in this verse is really cool too i think... God stomps our sins into the ground and tosses them into the deepest part of the sea. hmmm... pretty awesome, I'd say. yay for God and His incredibly awesome merciful forgiveness! =)

visit Bruce at Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment